Notes from the N & W Naturist Outreach Group Meeting 10/08/2021
1) BN NW Region - An online Special General Meeting held via zoom for BN members in the North West Region has been called for 19.00hrs on 18th August. The main purpose of the meeting is to agree and vote on a new constitution for the region, and a timescale for appointing officers. Members should have received an invitation to attend via email back on the 7th July, however here is a link to register for the meeting. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIpfuhrT0pHNHPFf7V1H5tLpBZ0aGBCSHB
2) Outreach Group insurance – It was agreed that we first need to sort out what the insurance needs to cover, and then look for a suitable policy. Ron to speak to Mark Walsh when he next visits Lancashire Sun and get some advice.
3) Finance update – we have 32 paid up members, made up of 20 singles and 6 couples. Making a total of £258.
4) Leaflets – Leaflet Frog charges £30 for 1,000. John Mercer will design a flyer. Some wording needs to be sorted out. Photos from various events can be used.
5) Feedback from recent events.
i) Shap Lido 13th July GBSD – this event went very well, 16 people took part, and it made the front page of the Westmorland and Cumbria Gazette.
ii) Great British Synchronised Skinny Dip, was held on the 17th July. A number of events are took place across the country. In the NW St Annes had about 55 people including some newcomers. There were 100’s at Morfa Dyffrn mainly because it was sunny and hot and not because Bn was there. Beacon Tarn attrascted around 14 people including one who joined the party on the way there.
iii) The group visit to Ashdene on the 30th July – 1st August was much enjoyed by the 8 or 9 members who went. The bar shut at 05.45hrs !
iv) Adlington Hall Gardens – 34 people booked to go to the event. Around 10 never turned up, possibly due to the not so good weather forecast. In the event it wasn’t too bad, we just had a couple of light showers, along with some hazy sunshine. Those you went all enjoyed the visit.
v) Marbury Lido – 27th July a GBSD event. 20 people attended, the water was a comfortable 22C. Tea, coffee, and cold drinks were available, and the pool made everybody welcome.
6) Future Events )
i ) 13 - 15th August the Windermere weekend. David Butterfield and Nick Caunt are planning a gentle walk and skinny dip for those attending.
ii) August 22nd Marbury Lido 7 – 9pm . Tickets from the BN shop.
iii) 7th September Shap Lido. 6 – 8pm. Possible walk beforehand.
iv) David Butterfield to inquire about hiring the Dalton pool.
8) Date & Time of next meeting – 8th September at 20.00hrs
Notes of N&W Naturist Outreach Group Online Meeting
held on June 1 st via Zoom.
Officers – Chair Ron O’Hare, Treasurer Elizabeth Ogden, Secretary John Rodgers.
Number of members. (as of 9 th June) 35
19 single members – all paid.
8 couple - 7 paid and one pending.
a) The visit to Manchester Sun and Air on 5/6 th June was discussed. This
has now taken place, and was enjoyed by all those who attended.
b) Ron O’Hare has approached Liverpool Sun and Air, for a similar
arrangement. No reply to date.
However the club has a “Camping Fest” event June 25 th – 27 th which is now
booking. Currently, due to covid restrictions there is no planned
entertainment or catering.
c) The Solway Club is not accepting visitors this year.
d) A beach visit to St Annes beach (nr Blackpool) for June 12 th has been
arranged by Simon Dawson. The suggested times are 12.00 – 16.00hrs.
HW is at 13.00hrs and this is deal. The “what three words” for the beach
are - woes.model.names
e) Roanhead 7 th August.
Meeting inconjuction with Dunescape (Eve Mulholland) for a beach clean
and skinny dip.
f) Morecambe Bay Walk – Sunday 20 th June. The start time is 13.15hrs, but
people need to be there well before that, so a minimum time of 45mins
prior to departure was suggested. Please note you must book via BN
events in advance. Bookings will close sometime during Saturday 19th.
Any questions can be raised on the BN forum.
The walking time is about 3hrs. Sandals are the recommended footwear.
3) Swims at Pools
a) Tony Mccauley has approached the pool at Settle, regarding a swim,
the cost would be £90 for 2hrs which is very favourable. Its understood
that he is planning to visit the pool.
b) Shap Lido swim Tuesday 13 th July. Times 18.00 – 20.00hrs.
c) Marbury Lido, near Nantwich, 27 th July 19.00 – 21.00hrs. £10 a person.
The hire cost is £130, and we are able to use the barbeque there too.
4) BN North West Region – A meeting for members is planned but
there is no date as yet.
An application for BN club membership for the group has been sent to the
5) Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting will be held via Zoom, on Tuesday 06 th July at 20.00hrs.